Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Random Tuesday Thoughts: What happened to all the flashers?

randomtuesday

I had my hair cut and colored on Monday. I'm now a saucy redhead with a "mom" haircut. Talk about an identity crisis.

The colorist who made me red assured me that she only saw one gray hair. Up until now, I’ve only ever found seven gray hairs. I plucked them all and put them in my change purse. I have no idea why. I think I may have contemplated taking them to a dungeon and torturing them.

They all came from the exact same spot on my head. I envision their creation like this: When something stressful happens and I have the “Oh shit, I can’t handle this” thought, all the stress juice shoots up to that one hair follicle, and out pops a gray hair. Much like you get a gumball when you stick in your quarter, I get my reoccurring gray hair.

I find comfort in that.

My QVC make-up came. I guess I ordered the kit for dummies.



Who knows where I might have put that if they hadn't labeled it.

Junior had tubes put in his ears this morning. I had thought they'd look like straws, but they're actually the size of pencil tips. The doctor said he had what they call "glue ear" (when the ear fluid is extra goopy). I think that will make for a really special entry in his baby book.

While Junior and I were on the recovery floor, a harpist played music. Not too shabby for the Mulletville hospital. When it was time to go I almost said "No thanks, I'll stay here a little longer. And could someone bring me a cup of coffee and some fluffy slippers?"

I found comfort in just imagining that.

I think Chuck, Junior and I should get frequent flyer miles from the Mulletville hospital—or at least a commemorative plaque. Between Junior's birth, Chuck's ass and kidney stones, my sprained ankle and busted neck, we must have earned two tickets to Hawaii by now? Or at least a roll in the hay with the harpist?

Hah! That's so my hair color talking.

19 comments:

Jenni said...

Glad Junior is on the mend. And that lipstick? You are a dirty, dirty woman. I like it.

Jeanne Estridge said...

The tubes will make life much better for Junior. Hard to say what the hair color will do for you....

The Mother said...

Welcome to the grey hair club. Mine went grey during my first pregnancy, so I've been coloring for 21 years now.

Meg said...

You've only had 7? I'm jealous. Although, I'm able to hide mine in amongst the blonde. How's Junior doing?

VandyJ said...

Hope the tubes help. Nice that the harpist was good. Classy for a hospital.

Lables always help in knowing where to use those important items.

Julia said...

Oh ear tubes.... poor Jr.

I have an apt for coloring too. Oh me oh my...

Lindy said...

I have found ONE gray hair and it was in my eyebrow. WTF?!?!

Hope the tubes work for Junior!

Bird Shit said...

I totally have to dye my hair too....I'm too lazy...lol!

slow panic said...

waiting for my hair guy to tell me it's time to start coloring.......

Buggys said...

Oh you sassy redhead!

brokenteepee said...

I hope Junior feels better now.
Harpist, huh?
How, heavenly....would think it might scare the old folk in to thinking they were a little erm, close you know.

Mrsbear said...

My youngest had tubes put in in 08. The first one just fell out. It was gross. Tiny little blue tube covered in orange wax. Gurg. The ENT had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to keep it to give to the "tube" fairy. Get it? He moonlights as a comedian apparently.

I've also discovered the hair doesn't sprout gray but turns gray. I've actually pulled them out half and half. Weird.

Keely said...

What, no pic of the sassy mom cut?

Working Mommy said...

Wow...that new hair color has made you ever more saucy than before!! I like it!!

~WM

Small Town Mommy said...

Congrats on the new hair color. I like the idea of torturing they gray hairs. Scare any others that might think about making an appearance. Good luck with the tubes. I have heard they help a lot with ear infections. Mulletville Hospital sounds like the place to be. Maybe you can use your visits as a spa visit.

Stephanie said...

A red head! How exciting!!

blognut said...

I'm so glad they labeled that lipstick. I'd hate to think what else might have turned up red for you this week.

Mammatalk said...

Welcome to the sassy mom cut club,little lady.

Hope Junior is on the mend.

Ms. Salti said...

Redhead with a mom haircut, that could pose major problems... At least you don't have as much gray hair as I do... I have to go every six weeks to have it all covered. I started plucking them when I found the first one at 16, but figured I'd be bald before long and opted for coloring!

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...