Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I think I kind of look like a Gouda Gold



Damn you, snow! We were trying to throw a New Year's Eve party but now the people who were on the fence about driving up to Mulletville have climbed down off the fence and snowshoed back to their cozy homes to ring in the new year without us.

The cheese stands alone in Mulletville, my friends. So...very...alone.

Back to New Years. Since I don't do resolutions, I have four simple requests for 2009:

1) That it stop snowing so damn much.

2) That my birthday, which is in three days and for which Chuck and I have planned a date night, is more titillating than Date Nights I and II. (Would you rather have a quick synopsis? Date Nights I and II involved beer, Lens Crafters, Hell Boy and an 80-year-old named Corky. If we don't top that, well, I can't even go there. We will top that.)

3) That Junior start using the "l" when he says clock and the "r" when he says fork, lest people start to think he is being raised by perverted truckers.

4) That Chuck heartily accept his new role as a stay-at-home dad and that he greet me at the door with homemade dinner whilst wearing something sexy. And by sexy I don't mean skanky (there's a huge distinction, you know). And he better not start complaining about how we never talk anymore while I'm trying to enjoy my after dinner brandy. So annoying.

I think that about covers the necessities. If you find yourself up this way (we're just past the goat farm and grain store), feel free to stop in.

Happy New Year!

17 comments:

Nicole said...

OMG--you are too cute! You can find the humor in it all *giggles* Sorry about all that snow--I am soooo lucky this year to be in the desert--missing all the shoveling and such... (Blah)

Wishing you an amazing New Year--filled with lots of love and laughter :) And here's to a happy birthday, too! Take good care...

Felicia said...

LOL!!! Have a wonderful new year! Seriously.. that is a ton of snow! Where in Mulletville are you... good grief!! More like Alaska.

Whiney Momma said...

LOL! Yeah, I hear ya on those changes. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

If it's any consolation, my daughter had to cancel her NYE party for this evening (Yay!) and it's not even snowing here. (Double-Yay!)

Will I be able to find the grain store under all that snow?

Jenni said...

Our party plans got canceled by snow, too. Let's move to Florida!

Happy New Year!

Keely said...

Yes, our New Years involved dinner at the town bar and home by 8:30. I will post some summation pics next week that will probably look very familiar to you.

Happy New Years, anyway. Hope the next one meets all your expectations.

Which probably aren't that high, so I'm not sure that was very encouraging.

Well, cheers.

Dto3 said...

My daughter not only didn't use the r when she pronounced fork, she also didn't say it in work, and she pronounced the w in work like an f. So just imagine my surprise the first time she asked me, "Is Mom working?"

Unknown said...

Have a Happy New Year!

Pablo Guero said...

If Chuck turns into a house-husband while he's between jobs he's a better man than I am. I was laid off in 2001 for three months before being rehired, and then again in 2002 for three months before I found a crappy job. I was so depressed both times I was laid off that I don't think I made dinner a single time, and I am quite capable of cooking as long as it's over an open flame (just ask Mary Anna). I think I spent most of my time watching Judge Judy or some crap like that. Give him some time - like until he finds another job - because he probably doesn't feel all that great right now.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you got a boatload of snow. I always thought Mulletville sounded a lot like the Small Town (although we don't have a grain store. I remain mum on the goat farm), but obviously, you live in some kind of Twilight Zone snow belt.

I hope you have an amazing 2009 and that all of your requests come true.

Leanne said...

Oy. We have snow here too, so please don't send any more our way. Happy New Year and good luck with the resolutions!

Temple said...

Just when I think I miss snow down here in Alabama...

And have a kick ass birthday!!!

Marinka said...

I hope that your wishes come true! Happy Birthday New Year!

Marinka said...

I hope that your wishes come true! Happy Birthday New Year!

Heather said...

Can you send some snow my way...I'm really missing it!

Anonymous said...

I have tagged you on my blog (because things weren't going badly enough for you right now) http://smalltownmommy.com/?p=356.

Anonymous said...

LOL! You reminded me of when Cowboy was 2 and FREAKED OUT every time he saw an 18-wheeler and would yell, 'truck! truck!' at the top of his lungs. Except that he used "f" instead of "t" in his pronunciation and sometimes dropped his "r". LOL

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...