Sunday, June 22, 2008

Loose caboose

Someone (I’m talking about the someone with a capital S) has a sense of humor.

This afternoon my 11-month-old son was in a fit of giggles watching our neighbor’s Golden Lab run through the hose and shake himself dry. The harder the dog shook, the harder my son laughed.

Fast forward a few hours. I decided to treat myself to an after dinner bath. When I got out of the tub I realized there were no towels in the bathroom. I remembered the dog and thought it might be fun to try a good “wet dog” shake.

I wasn’t prepared for how long it took my behind to catch up with the rest of me.

Lesson: Someone invented towels for a reason.

No comments:

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...