Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Yep. Just me, Hugh and a couple of St. Bernards. Flutter, flutter.
The nanny’s last day is tomorrow. I’m sad to see her go, so it’s a good night for random distractions and the History Channel’s “Armageddon Week” just wasn’t cutting it (all I have to say is, if 2012 is really the end of the world that is so not fair! I want to see 40 so I know whether or not my wrinkle cream is working).
Ahem. One of my favorite bloggers, Small Town Mommy, tagged me with the seven random things about me tag. Marcia, Marcia returns. I’ll be succinct this time cause, like I said, the damn Mayan calendar said we only have five years left and I’d hate for you to feel you spent one minute longer than necessary reading about me instead of, you know, kissing your grandma.
1. I’ve seen Steve Tyler from Aerosmith twice in person. He has a summer house in the same town in which my grandparents lived. Once, I saw him tasting carrot juice at a health food store. The second time, the chain broke off his bicycle as he was riding past me. Both times he reminded me of a Pez dispenser. Holy jaw.
2. Several years ago, when I was traveling in Spain for a photo shoot, my company assigned me a French photographer for the two-week trip. One night, over cognac and goose liver paté, he asked if I wanted him to seduce me. I mulled it over, taking into account that a) he wore boat shoes and had Donald Trump hair, and b) he’d just told me that his marriage broke up because—among other reasons—he put a fake turd on his mother-in-law’s chair and no one in the family thought it was funny. Needless to say, the answer was absolument non.
3. I daydream about moving to Ouray, Colorado at least once a week. Mostly the daydream involves me being an avid hiker who owns several ginormous dogs and is married to Hugh Jackman.
4. My husband is an occasional ghostbuster who has hung out with the guys from TAPS. I’m thinking of starting a blog about it: “Frogs in my Ectoplasm.”
5. I wish I’d come up with http://mulletville.blogspot.com. It’s just not right that a blog with that name is dedicated to bicycling.
6. When my grandfather died I took a pack of his unfiltered Camels (he used to leave cartons of them in a big box in his closet to let them dry out because he liked them crispy). If the History Channel is right about 2012, I figure that’s a great time to have a smoke (by that time they’ll be so crisp I’ll be able to smoke them in one puff).
7. I really wanted to be a weatherwoman.
Phew! I am passing this tag on to Dads, dads and more dads:
Dad to Two
C-3Po at Football and Keggers
And Practically Joe because he always makes me laugh.
If they choose not to do it, I'll be fine. Sniff, sniff.
I've been away from this blog for awhile. I know . But see, we are trying to move. Just thinking about moving is hard, but actually tr...
Toddlers mispronounce words. It's just what they do, and it's what makes the toddler years so darn cute. "Lello" for &...
I’m finally back from the David Gray concert in New York City. Yes, that was Saturday night and today is Tuesday, but I fell so in love with...
At least I can admit that I'm emotionally immature, juvenile and unsupportive. Subtitle: Chuck could have done betterTry as I might, I cannot stop fantasizing about Chuck being creamed by a Mack truck (I know, poor Chuck, you must think I am the wife from...