Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yep. Just me, Hugh and a couple of St. Bernards. Flutter, flutter.



The nanny’s last day is tomorrow. I’m sad to see her go, so it’s a good night for random distractions and the History Channel’s “Armageddon Week” just wasn’t cutting it (all I have to say is, if 2012 is really the end of the world that is so not fair! I want to see 40 so I know whether or not my wrinkle cream is working).

Ahem. One of my favorite bloggers, Small Town Mommy, tagged me with the seven random things about me tag. Marcia, Marcia returns. I’ll be succinct this time cause, like I said, the damn Mayan calendar said we only have five years left and I’d hate for you to feel you spent one minute longer than necessary reading about me instead of, you know, kissing your grandma.

Here goes:

1. I’ve seen Steve Tyler from Aerosmith twice in person. He has a summer house in the same town in which my grandparents lived. Once, I saw him tasting carrot juice at a health food store. The second time, the chain broke off his bicycle as he was riding past me. Both times he reminded me of a Pez dispenser. Holy jaw.

2. Several years ago, when I was traveling in Spain for a photo shoot, my company assigned me a French photographer for the two-week trip. One night, over cognac and goose liver paté, he asked if I wanted him to seduce me. I mulled it over, taking into account that a) he wore boat shoes and had Donald Trump hair, and b) he’d just told me that his marriage broke up because—among other reasons—he put a fake turd on his mother-in-law’s chair and no one in the family thought it was funny. Needless to say, the answer was absolument non.

3. I daydream about moving to Ouray, Colorado at least once a week. Mostly the daydream involves me being an avid hiker who owns several ginormous dogs and is married to Hugh Jackman.

4. My husband is an occasional ghostbuster who has hung out with the guys from TAPS. I’m thinking of starting a blog about it: “Frogs in my Ectoplasm.”

5. I wish I’d come up with http://mulletville.blogspot.com. It’s just not right that a blog with that name is dedicated to bicycling.

6. When my grandfather died I took a pack of his unfiltered Camels (he used to leave cartons of them in a big box in his closet to let them dry out because he liked them crispy). If the History Channel is right about 2012, I figure that’s a great time to have a smoke (by that time they’ll be so crisp I’ll be able to smoke them in one puff).

7. I really wanted to be a weatherwoman.

Phew! I am passing this tag on to Dads, dads and more dads:

Dad to Two

C-3Po at Football and Keggers

And Practically Joe because he always makes me laugh.

If they choose not to do it, I'll be fine. Sniff, sniff.

18 comments:

Dto3 said...

Anything for you fly-breath.
I've already posted tonight, but tomorrow, it's On Like Donkey Kong!

Nicole said...

OMG--belly laughs! I have one of those weekly daydreams, too, but mine involves moving Maui, the beach at Ka'anapali, a six pack of Corona, and a long nap... I must be getting old!

FUNNY!

Pablo Guero said...

I remember crisp cigarettes back when I smoked in college. You can hear them crackle when you take a drag -- especially at 2 a.m. when it's cool out and you're the only person awake for a three block radius. Enjoy it in 2012 -- if you can wait that long.

Practically Joe said...

Froggie, I've passed on this one a few times ... but for you ... I'll try to pick seven you don't already know about.
Tag you back soon!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! I too have a weekly daydream, but it pretty much involves getting out of the Small Town. Anyplace with a 7-11 would make me happy.

Anonymous said...

Oh man you had me cracking up...I can just picture the bicycle chain incident.
Hey, and good for you for "just saying no" to your French tempter... ;)

Anonymous said...

We love Ouray, and lived within two hours of it until about two weeks ago. Headed north up 550, Durango is nice, Silverton is better, Ouray rocks!

Especially the little bier garten there, I forget the name. Mmmmm.

Heather said...

Hmmm...I've lived in Colorado most of my life...and never even heard of Ouray....must be in the mountains? West of Boulder?....hmmm...guess I'll need to look that up on a map.

Anonymous said...

"Both times he reminded me of a Pez dispenser".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I love that.

Unknown said...

I love getting to know you and the Camels? Hilarious. I think you will go out in a puff of smoke if you try them in 2012!

Keely said...

Huge Jackman lives in Ouray? I'm totally moving to Ouray. Especially if we've only got til 2012, I have people to kiss other than my grandma, dammit!

Anonymous said...

I will do my best to come up with some items that people don't already know about me. It is times like this I wish I was more interesting, no... that's not it. It is times like this when I wish my mom didn't read my blog so I could share more of the fun stuff... LOL

Preston said...

Who doesn't dream about Hugh Jackman? Bug really BIG dogs and Hugh? I'm not so sure. LOL Oh and my dad use to smoke camel non filters. When I was in high school, I would steal them from him. Kids would ask me for a cigarette and I would pull out the camels pack and they would always say, "uh, no thanks." BTW, I quit smoking 6 1/2 months ago.

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope your wrinkle cream works better than mine did. My cleavage looks like a road map that's been stuffed in the glove box for the last hundred thousand miles.

Did I miss the St. Bernards?

Petra a.k.a The Wise (*Young*) Mommy said...

Oh, Hugh Jackman is yummy, good choice! Also good decision on not letting that French turd guy seduce you. You would never have been able to look at Donald Trump the same again.

Frogs in my formula said...

Fly-breath? How 5th grade!

Carol, Heather was nice enough to bring her St. Bernard for me. I have dog envy and I need to do something about it!

Preston, congrats on quitting. Chuck has tried 20 times and still slips up.

Temple said...

Man, those French really know how to romance a lady, huh?

And TAPS?!?! Too cool!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I love St. Bernard's! When I was a kid we had one - he was one of the best dogs ever! He used to let our cockapoo chase him around the backyard...LOL!!

OK, back to you...FUNNY!!! I love finding out more tidbits about you... ;) Hugh Jackman? Great choice! Be still my heart... ;) And I totally agree with Petra's comment - you'd never be able to look at Donald Trump the same way again! ;)

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...