Monday, May 21, 2012

The best game to play with your child

Tonight after work, I collapsed onto the couch. To put it mildly, I was tuh-ha-hoasted. Junior came over and plopped down next to me. He asked if we could play a game.

"Ok," I said, "but all I can do is lie here with my eyes closed."

"Ok," he said.

"And I can't talk. My brain hurts."

"Ok."

"So what kind of game could that be?"

"I know!" he shouted, after thinking a minute. "We can be on a light speed mission! You can be my patient. We can be in search for a new tongue for you! Fire photon torpedoes!"

"Photon what??"

"Watch out! It's the Borg! And I thought you couldn't talk. Close your eyes! They'll see you!"

I learned two valuable things tonight:

1. Lying down while your child plays is fabulous. I should have started playing this "patient who can't talk or move" game a loooooooooooong time ago

2. Speaking of games, Chuck's been letting Junior watch him play Star Trek computer games a helluva lot more than I realized. Junior knows of the Borg? He's firing photon torpedoes?

Game's on, Chuck.

Right after this nap.

5 comments:

Keely said...

I wish my kid would play that game.

JoAnna said...

Ah yes, the best kind of play there is. And think how much this makes his imagination work! He came up with a plan all on his own. You're a genius. Even if it means you might have to get a new tongue.

Leanne said...

Awesome game idea. Now, I need to come up with something like this for me teens. Wait, they don't want me to play with them, they just want money.... Sigh. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Gina said...

I love the lay there & do nothing game. Lately, out version has involved letting her draw magic marker tattoos on me, which she promises will be small and end up taking up any available skin she can find.

Mrs. Tuna said...

Yeah well lets see how fun it is when he draws cat whiskers on you with permanent marker.

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...