Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sometimes it's easier this way

From Curious George and the Dump Truck



Junior: "Mommy, why is George climbing out of a butt?"

Me: "Sweetie, he's not. He's climbing out of dirt."

Junior: "He's climbing out of a butt!"

Me: "It's not a butt. It's two piles of dirt. Dirt Curious George naughtily dumped out of a dump truck when he didn't have permission."

Junior: "He's in a butt!"

Me: "Are we ready to turn the page?"

Junior: "Is he in a butt?"

Me: "It's dirt!"

Junior: "Wait, Mommy, wait! Whose butt is it?"

Me: "Junior, I told you—"

Junior: "I know it's a butt, Mommy. Why is he in a butt?"

Me: (Sighing heavily) "Because Geroge fell off the dump truck so hard he landed in someone's butt."

Junior: "He did?"

Me: "Yes. He landed in the gardener's butt."

Junior: (Exploding into laughter) "He did? And then he climbed out?"

Me: "Yes. It was a long climb, but he made it."

Junior: "Why?"

Me: "Why what?"

Junior: "Why was it a long climb?"

Me: "Because people's intestines are miles long."

Junior: "Oh."

Me: "Can we turn the page now?"

Junior: "Hold on." (Studying page) "Ok."

15 comments:

Jana@anattitudeadjustment.com said...

That monkey really is a monkey, so you may be right about the gardener's butt. If he was my animal, I'd make sure he was no longer my animal. What I have just written makes very little sense.

Lady Goo Goo Gaga said...

Lol!! Lol!!! Soooooo funny.....

Anonymous said...

Far as I can see, the kid is right - the monkey is climbing out of somebody's butt...

brokenteepee said...

Good think it wasn't a goat's butt. With all of the gas we expel it would have been a forceful exit.

JoAnna said...

I just exploded with laughter. He fell into the gardener's butt. I LOVE IT. I hate Curious George so damn much. I think he is the creepiest thing ever. And Junior confirmed it by seeing the butt.

Julia said...

Sounds familiar. My kids love anything involving farts. :(

BNM said...

looking at the picture it really does look like a butt! Hahaha

Magpie said...

priceless..

Cyndy Bush said...

Well, it's clearly a butt.

Frogs in my formula said...

Right?!

Jeanne Estridge said...

(Snort.)

Sending this link to my daughter, because Phinny LOVES Curious George. (and his mom still has the stuffed Georgie she got as a little girl and took to the hospital with her when she got her tonsils out.)

Jess said...

Of COURSE it's a butt! Nothing has to make sense to todders. Who cares that butts had nothing to do with the story, they're HIlarious. I always assumed potty humor was a "boy" thing.... my girls have certainly proved me wrong.

GUAMtastic said...

I just found your blog and LOVE it. And will certainly be careful the next time I fall to ensure I don't land in someone's butt...

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Oh my word....that sounds like something my kid would say! And ... um... yes, I would probably say that back too.

Keely said...

Ahhahhahahahahhahahah! He's right. Looks like a butt.

What is it with their obsession with anally-related things? Xander regularly tells me he's going to poop on my head. Once he said THROAT. I'm afraid to go to sleep.

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...