Saturday, October 11, 2008

People who drive SUVs should not have "Thoreau" bumper stickers and other global warming musings

I'm so confused. The birds are chirping. Junior's wearing a short-sleeved shirt. People are walking the streets in shorts. I have a bizarre craving to do some spring cleaning. I'm not complaining, I swear, but if weren't for the red, yellows, and oranges outside the window you'd think spring was just around the corner. Instead, this is:



Snow and ice! Naked trees! St. Bernards rescuing skiers. (That's not my dog but I wish it were. As soon as Junior can say the word "dog" we are getting one.) For now, I'll have to settle for pumpkins. I can't wait to let Junior play in all the pumpkin goo. In his bathing suit.

2 comments:

Mary Anna said...

Amen! It's in the high 80s here in San Antonio today. I wore slacks and a really thin cardigan to a baby shower this morning and almost broke a sweat walking to my car when it was over!

thedavies99 said...

At least we're saving on gas right now.

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...