Saturday, November 8, 2008

I'm putting this pussy to bed

It's Saturday night. We have friends coming over, I swear. But before they get here I have to show you this:



It's disgusting. It looks like a terrible, hairy marshmallow creature but it's no longer on my cat thanks to the Furminator. I'm a little surprised by how habit forming the brushing was. Once I got started, I couldn't stop. Thankfully the cat attacked my hand so I had to.

Do you like the leftover Halloween candy I used for reference? (I ate it after the photo shoot.)

This is my last feline/fur post for a loooooooong time. I'm starting to creep myself out (and looking at all that hair is actually making me gag).

10 comments:

Marinka said...

omg, I hope that's a super miniature candy.

thedavies99 said...

It's impressive and disgusting all at once!

Mary Anna said...

Wow - that's purrfect! That photo is both fascinating and disturbing at the same time!

If that doesn't help those Furminator folks sell more, I don't know what will! Luckily for us, Max doesn't shed too much - her big brother Tigger (God rest his soul) shed enough for everyone.

PS - Hate to see your search words after posting something with that title!

Jay @halftime lessons said...

Dry Heaving.

Good news hearing we are about to get back to what endears me to your blog.

Wet Heaving.

And turn off your comment verification before I try to strangle you with your pet's hair. See my post today if you need help. Or dont turn it off, and I will strangle myself.

Tina said...

You've been tagged!

Unknown said...

I cannot believe how much hair came of of your cat. That is from your cat, right ?

Erin Tales said...

When we used to brush my cats, it was like that. No wonder they had hairballs. Yuck.

Keely said...

I bet my dog could challenge that quantity, but she's a lot larger and prefers to spread it out evenly all. over. the. house.

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Hilarious! I need one of those for my husband. Have enjoyed my visit to your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

I know you have sworn off of all things cat, but I want to hear more about the Furminator. I keep finding that same ball in a pile on my rug (usually after being ingested by a cat. Perform a public service and talk more about your Furminator.

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...