Thursday, October 30, 2008
I won't lie: I was such a good kisser I sometimes got free Brie
So UnMom told me I must have been a tortured teenager and that’s why she tagged me with the “seven things” teenager edition. Pimples and Golden Anniversary and boys? This is so much more fun than pink slip prattle.
Here we go. Ahem.
1. When I was a sophomore, my first real boyfriend tried to impress me by pretending to be a flame thrower— with a ticky torch. He burned his face and had to be rushed to the ER. When I went to see him he said, “Look away, I’m hideous!” I still laugh when I think about that.
2. I was a cashier at Stop and Shop, and I made out with way too many guys from Dairy.
3. When I was 17 I took someone’s virginity, and I was terribly mean to him afterward.
4. I totally deserved a better sex talk than the one I got. My dad said, “There’s sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Don’t do drugs.” (See #2 and #3.)
5. The person I fought with the most (she once left me on the side of the road) was my Maid of Honor three years ago, and I love her to death.
6. I was in the French Honor Society. I also played the clarinet and the bassoon in band. Hel-lo.
7. I hated my senior prom date. His name was Walt, he had thinning hair, and he popped his zits in the rearview mirror. (No, he wasn’t someone’s cousin; he was a friend of my best friend and it was either him or Ethan from band.)
Ah, high school.
So now I get to tag a bunch of other people, except I'm going to change the meme, because I like to copy UnMom. I still want to know 7 things about these people, but I want to know 7 things about them that very first month they were a new mom. Because I was a schizoid freak and I'd like to know that I wasn't the only woman who hucked the breast pump at her husband and then cackled when he cried.
Go Graham Go
Diapers and Wine
I've been away from this blog for awhile. I know . But see, we are trying to move. Just thinking about moving is hard, but actually tr...
Toddlers mispronounce words. It's just what they do, and it's what makes the toddler years so darn cute. "Lello" for &...
I’m finally back from the David Gray concert in New York City. Yes, that was Saturday night and today is Tuesday, but I fell so in love with...
At least I can admit that I'm emotionally immature, juvenile and unsupportive. Subtitle: Chuck could have done betterTry as I might, I cannot stop fantasizing about Chuck being creamed by a Mack truck (I know, poor Chuck, you must think I am the wife from...