Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm thinking it's going to be one of those "no pants" Fridays

Today is Chuck's 37th birthday, and I'm giving him a brick. Not just any brick, this brick:



I saw it while on hellcation in New Hampshire.

Chuck, honey, there's a lot of shit that's up in the air right now (your job, my job, should we sell our house? should we get rid of our fat cats because we're tired of vacuuming? should we have another baby? should I cut my hair? should you stop farting so much? do we really need to fix the car door?), but really, a lot of it will fall into place as it's meant to.

I hope this brick offers you some peace of mind. I hope you have a great day. In fact, I hope it's your best birthday ever. And I am not jealous at all that you and Junior get to spend the day together while I'm at work.

Because I am mature and self-sacrificing and fabulous.

And a lying sack. I wanna stay home too!

Er, Happy Birthday, honey. I love you.

21 comments:

Lindy said...

Be a revolutionary - make it "no shirt" Friday too.

Happy Birthday Chuck - you stay at home ass.

I kid. I kid. Possibly.

sandeepkandulna said...

i lov eyou !

mo.stoneskin said...

Your fat cats do the vacuuming while laying bricks? Bloody Hell. You've either found 'the answer' or I've read this wrong.

Anonymous said...

I pulled the "no pants" theme today... funny no one seems to mind.

Sheila said...

You totally should have called in sick!!!
(cough!cough!) You might be coming down with something! LOL!

Suzi said...

Happy Birthday Chuck. Enjoy your no-pants Friday.

kyooty said...

my hubbie needs a brick like this for his 38th next week!

Brandy@YDK said...

happy birthday! love the tribute.

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Happy Birthday Chuck!

and I think that you should have stayed home from work today too...and you should get a haircut. and get rid of the cats, but only b/c I hate vacumming AND cats. Sorry.

Chris said...

Nothing says "I love you" like a brick.

I think I heard that on the Sopranos.

Buggys said...

Happy Birthday Chuck! You are a lucky man indeed to have such a very thoughtful wife. That brick took a lot of thought and planning!
I say leave work early and get a haircut.

Elle said...

I think everyone needs a brick like this. I wish I had one for every idiot that came into my work. Happy Birthday to Chuck! Maybe you should go home sick. Tell them you feel like you're going to throw up..nobody wants to be around that. They'll be glad you left.

brokenteepee said...

Happy Birthday to Chuck!

I was 37 once.....a very, very, very long time ago.

Unknown said...

happy birthday chuck.

Trac~ said...

OMG I am new to your blog and absolutely rolling on the floor laughing here at my desk trying to stifle all of my belly laughter so the bosses don't hear me! You have quite the talent for writing and I can't wait to come back and read more of your posts! Thanks so much for a good laugh today and have a great weekend! :o)

Mrsbear said...

Happy Birthday to the Mr. Nice brick!

Keely said...

You'll be lucky if he doesn't drop that on your toe.

But hey, then you'd get to stay home!

Dto3 said...

I was going to wish Chuck a Happy Birthday, but then I forgot, because I couldn't get the image of you not wearing pants out of my head.

Lisa said...

Awww, I love a little Friday mush. Happy Birthday Chuck!

FoN said...

I think that brick is my new motto. Happy birthday, Chuck!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Chuck!!

I love that brick btw!

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...