Sunday, January 3, 2010

Three days into 2010 and I already need a comeback song

I'm still sick. I don't know if it's the flu or what but the hairs on my head hurt. Junior's sick too. I now know what a fever looks like as it moves into a toddler. In a matter of 30 minutes, he went from a normal Junior to a 103-degree lethargic Junior. It was like a mini storm front. Then he puked on me.

Why doesn't he ever puke on Chuck?

I think it's because he knows I'm a fellow puker. Thanks to my ability to acquire every stomach bug known to man, I puked my way through elementary, middle and high school. We kept a sleeping bag in the bathroom, just for me. I have a thing for cold floor tile. I'm not kidding: When you've dry heaved for 12 hours straight, cold floor tile against your cheek can be a beautiful thing.

The diamond imprint is an added bonus.

I had hoped to top last year's birthday bonanza with something fitting for number 35, but it looks like it's lozenges, Robitussin, Kleenex, Vapor Rub, chicken soup and vitamin C for me.

And I'm corn-ully okay with that because at least I'll be celebrating with the people who matter most: the cast from Freaks and Geeks (Chuck bought me the set for Christmas. It's hilarious).

P.S. Have you ever puked while holding someone who is also puking? I feel oddly connected to Junior, in that Siamese twin kind of way.

13 comments:

Mrsbear said...

Ugh. Hope you guys recover quickly. They've gone down like dominoes over here starting with Christmas break two weeks ago. First the three year old, then the six year old, now my husband, who's puke incidentally is much more difficult for me to mop up than the kids. Maybe I should have his mom fly down from TN, since she's probably best equipped to deal with her own kid's puke.

Brilliant Sulk said...

I can remember a day last year that was so puke filled my house smelled for weeks.

Simultaneous puking. Puking on each other. Dog puke. Cat puke. It was a puke fest.

Hope you recover soon...

brokenteepee said...

I am so sorry you are sick. If I were closer I would bring you some of my homemade chicken soup...after you stopped the communal puking of course.

Feel better soon.

Meg said...

I would have puked on him. My gag reflex is pretty strong.

Hope you're feeling better soon...go lay on your bathroom floor.

Julia said...

Wow that's a visual I wont be forgetting any time soon. Dueling pukers. I can't say that I have ever done that. I guess I'll add it to my life list. :)

I hope you START to feel better SOON. Barfing is awful.

Keely said...

See, I'm NOT a puker, which makes me especially ill equipped to deal with toddler puke. At least, that's my story.

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure 2010 and your 35th will let you take a mulligan.

Lindy said...

Let's focus on the bright side. What are you? One stomach flu away from your ideal weight? This is great news!!!

But seriously...I hope you feel better.

blognut said...

I totally understand that cold bathroom floor thing - there's really nothing more healing after a night of puking.

Feel better - and Happy Birthday!

Dto3 said...

Getting puked on is a rite of passage for all Moms. Dads are exempt. Get better soon and keep the puking to yourself.

Buggys said...

I say postpone your birthday celebration and feel better soon!

Shana Putnam said...

I hope you guys start feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

The road to love is paved in.... puke?!

Feel better soon.

Stephanie said...

Feel better!

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...