Monday, December 14, 2009

Why office holiday parties make me want to run away and hide

The post below is from December 4, 2008. I thought I'd repost it before I write about my 2009 office holiday party, so you can enjoy two year's worth of suffering.



Behold the photo we had taken for the office holiday card. I'd show you my face, but I'd like to retain some of my dignity.

The card is the pre-cursor to the office holiday party next week* for which it has been suggested (i.e., mandated) that we wear red sweaters, brown skirts and "sexy" reindeer boots (this is from a boss who made me wear her hooker heels, remember?) to accompany our antlers and red noses...

I sent the photo to my friend. This is what she wrote:

"It's sad and funny at the same time."

I love getting kicked when I'm down. On all fours.

* Oddly, I never actually wrote about the 2009 party, nor can I locate my sexy reindeer boots. They've got to be around here somewhere.

13 comments:

Lindy said...

What exactly do sexy reindeer boots look like, as opposed to unsexy reindeer boots?

VandyJ said...

Reindeer boots?? Red noses? Anlters? Gee, what do the guys have to wear--red suits, black boots and white beards?! A little too Christmassy for my tastes.

Otter Thomas said...

Don't let anyone hook you to a sleigh no matter what they promise.

Small Town Mommy said...

I would have loved to see sexy reindeer boots. They sound extraordinarily uncomfortable.

Mrsbear said...

Do the boots have reindeer on them, or are they boots reindeer happen to wear? I have it on good authority that reindeer will always opt for comfort over sexiness when choosing hoofwear.

Mama Badger said...

You could have borrowed the boots from Disney's Mrs. Claus. Just this past weekend PB commented (while watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse), "When did Mrs. Claus start wearing hooker boots?"

Nothing says Christmas like hooker boots, huh?

brokenteepee said...

Considering the reindeer are my cousins I can tell you that there is nothing sexy about goat/ruminant feet.

See this http://www.nannygoatsinpanties.com/2009/12/goat-thing-of-day-performance-art.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NannyGoatsInPanties+(Nanny+Goats+in+Panties)

you have to page down to the second photo but it will be worth it.

Jeanne Estridge said...

Right there, on the fine edge of sexual harrassment, I can see your boss, dancing in her five-inch heels....

Mammatalk said...

Now, what's the name of the bar where you work? ;+)

Keely said...

I had to go back and look to see if I commented on that post originally, because I remember reading it. And I did. And my comment still stands: WTF is a "sexy reindeer boot"?

kyooty said...

boots? oh boy! I parked the car in a parking lot on Saturday and there was a car with antlers and a nose infront of me!

Bird Shit said...

I really must buy a pair of sexy reindeer boots...Now where to buy them...?????

Brandy@YDK said...

hee hee - you should google sexy reindeer boot images. fun.

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...