Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why my shoes are on the wrong feet and I’m lying face down on the front lawn, smattered pieces of brain in my hands


Prenatal vitamin: Take one hour before or two-three hours after meals

Blood glucose test: Take four times a day, two hours after beginning meal

Junior’s pre-op ear tube surgery instructions: Nothing to eat after midnight

Arrival of beeping garbage truck: 4:32 a.m.

Junior’s ear tube surgery arrival time: 8:00 a.m.

Major project at work: Teleconference in at 11 a.m.

OB-GYN ultrasound appointment to follow up on gestational diabetes diagnosis: 12:40 p.m.

Follow-up appointment at Mulletville Diabetes Clinic: 1:30 p.m.

Phone calls to family members/friends/post-op doctors to say “Junior is just fine”: 7

Average length of phone calls despite intentions to keep short by only saying “Mmhmm”: 12 minutes

Work files due at printer: 3:30 p.m.

Arrival time of yet another person who wants to look at my house but won’t make an offer because the street is too busy: 4:45 p.m.

Actual time work files were sent to printer: 6:15 p.m.

Number of fat cats crying to be fed: 2

Average weight of dirty dishes in sink: 7.2 lbs.

Ear drops for Junior: Three times a day in each ear for five days

Number of times attempted self-performed lobotomy: Not enough

9 comments:

Mrs. Tuna said...

Priceless!

brokenteepee said...

Who's brain? That's what I want to know. Did you kill Chuck?

The Mother said...

And you can't even drink! Arrgh!

Bird Shit said...

I am exhausted just reading this LOL

Jeanne Estridge said...

Maybe it's time to start your maternity leave.

SmartBear said...

I need a drink now...
Seriously...you poor thing.
Sending you virtual chocolate.
Best,
Tina

Stephanie said...

Holy carp! How did you ever make it through that day???

Keely said...

Oh, that was YOU I stepped over on my way to put my head in the oven. So sorry, I smeared your brain.

(hang in there.)

Twisted Cinderella said...

Oh dear!

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...