Monday, August 1, 2016

Off the clock

I'm so full of it.

Right after I wrote my last post about children clutter and how someday when it's all gone I'll "probably hate the hell out of it" I went nuts clearing off every tabletop in the house. I donated or threw away toys. I put things in their rightful place. I dusted.

It's wonderful.

So that's where I've been. Working, tidying up, sneaking in trips to the park and splash pads. Letting the kids stay up late and eat ice cream. 

And now that it's August 1 and school is only weeks away, I'm going to be away more. From the computer, I mean. I'm glued to it way too much for work and now that middle-age is officially settling in, I can't ask my eyes to squint any more than they have to.

So enjoy the rest of your summer and I'll see you in September.

No comments:

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...