Monday, July 28, 2008

Debbie Downer should use the black and white copier instead

Overheard at the color copier:

Kim: "I can't stop yawning. Why do we yawn in the afternoon? I need a nap. Remember when you were a kid and you needed a nap and you never wanted to take one? And now that you're an adult all you want to do is take a nap and you can't. Why is that?"

Eileen (my tanorexic boss): "Because when you're a kid all you want to do is stay awake so you don't miss anything. Now that we're adults, Kim, we know what's out there. We know what we're missing!"

I really, really hope she isn't right. Although that does bring me back to that cheery comment my former co-worker made at happy hour—the one about the repetition of existence and how it turns life into a gray blob of goo.

But look at Junior, he's but a mere hatched chick and he's perfectly content to nap the afternoon away.




4 comments:

Dto3 said...

Too darned cute. I just got back from vacation and needed a nap at 10 AM this morning. One of these days, employers will replace the lunch break with the nap break.

Practically Joe said...

He's a cutie! And I just realized I spent a long time reading your posts ... I guess I should tell you I came over from "Mind of a Mad Woman"

Frogs in my formula said...

Yah! Dads! Welcome!

harrietv said...

Silly child! You need a nap after lunch because you ate too much sugar.

How to tell your third kid from your first

  Note the appropriate response here is: "When did THAT happen?" because let's be honest, life is moving so fast, there's ...